Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inaguration


Yesterday January 20th 2009 was a special day… Not one but two people were promoted into office. What do I mean exactly? Well some of you close to me may have been aware that I was interviewing for a new management position here at CPPIB (Canada Pension Plan Investment Board http://www.cppib.ca/). Recently they posted the position of Manager Infrastructure Operations.


So while the US was swearing in there first African American President, I was also being sworn into my office and new role. I am extremely excited with all the new challenges and opportunities this will career path will provide, and am positive this is the natural progression for me.


While I had no rock bands or sweeping crowds to inaugurate my new arrival into this position, I did get a plethora of praise and warm sentiments from my team mates and co-workers. This is was all I could ask for, and made me feel at home in my newly appointed role as the Manager Infrastructure Operations.


A quick thanks to all in my life who supported me, mentored me, or even coached me through tough decision in my life. It is the sum of all these activities that have lead me to where I am today, so thank you.

2 comments:

Please feel free to speak your mind :)